There's a discussion in the Core Group about de Data Policy in Eubrewnet. You can find a draft (by Veerle and Paul) in the owncloud of Eubrewnet: Data Policy.
Here you can see Alberto answering some Veerle's questions:
One big decision for the eubrewnet :
The data user has to be registered at the eubrewnet, to download the product files.
if we are agree with this will be easy to monitor the access to the data:.
There are three groups of “registered user”
data user: Can download but cannot modify anything, can not access to directly to the database, only can download the products
data provider (PI): Can download products, direct access to the database and and modify configuration/Metadata for their registered brewers
data admin: no limits
The metadata with the IP contact information is part of the configuration and will be displayed also on the header of the downloaded files.
2015-11-19 10:26 GMT+00:00 Veerle De Bock :
Dear CG members (and Bentor)
I have made a first draft of the data policy document for Eubrewnet (in consultation with Paul).
Could you have a look at the document and the comments below and let me know what you think?
If the document looks fine to all of you, we can send it to the MC members for approval.
1. comments to all:
- On the Aeronet site, you have a special section where you can find the general data use policy. When you want to download data, you get a pop-up window with the same
information and with an extra sentence at the end where the user is asked to click the "accept" or the "do not accept" button. I have added this sentence in red at the end of the document.
The PI's information be will be on the popup and on the header of the files.
- referencing: Aeronet has a few papers than can be used for referencing. Eubrewnet does not (yet) have such papers, so at the moment I would suggest to ask
people to refer to the website.
- which website do we refer to? For now I have put in the link to the database website, but we could also reference to http://www.eubrewnet.org.
The eubrewnet.org is the website for the cost action, once is over, the database can take the the domain name of the cost action. for example http://www.eubrewnet.org/database for database and http://www.eubrewnet.org/cost1207 for the cost action web page.
- downloading: should we collect some information (such as email and institution) from the people who are downloading data? This could be entered after the 'accept' button
and before the download can begin:
See my first comment.
2. comment to Bentor:
- could you please enable the station operators to fill in the PI information in the database?
Now the metadata information is restricted with the information on the O3brewer.ini configuration file, Bento is working to include the form propose by WG3 a few months ago, Bento will contact you about the details.
Are there any doubt or remark for those who are not part from the Core Group?
Most Users Ever Online: 18
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 0
Newest Members:FriedrihQ, GasminR, Premiumgvf, Artisanofd, HeranaP, Testerebi, Artisanlev, WILDKATunj, Documentlxt, Lanceeneld
Administrators: brewermaster: 1, Webmaster: 0